I admitted it took a long time and whatever facts are presented there is still more to the story. Yes, he paid up front, but at that time there was a real issue with the block he had and he was contemplating building a big block with PSO heads, because the block he planned to use had bad main web registers and they were not sure if it could be fixed or they could find another block. I know it went to a couple shops and was even discussed for me to look at it. I know whoever had it at the time, called me talking about block and he told me they had not decided what the plan was, I didn't talk to Wayne. Don't remember how long it was before the decision to stick with smallblock was made, nor who let me know that decision, but then parts were ordered and machine work done on intake.

The cam was a custom billet blank, with a 4 month lead time. It was ordered, after, not sure how long, he contacted me and said the new block needed a 55mm core instead of the previous 50mm as ordered. I contacted the grinder, relayed this info and then at a later date Wayne called back and said to just stick with the 50mm. I then relayed this information to the cam grinder. I never gave it another thought and they must have put it on the back burner. He called earlier this year asking about cam. I admitted to him that I had forgotten about it, but would call and check on it, so I did. They had forgotten about it as well, but got started and I think 3 months later, we had a cam.

As Wayne himself stated, he told me he wasn't in a hurry and I likely took advantage of that situation as I was extremely busy and had lots of other issues to deal with in the last year or so. I knew he didn't have his motor, nor was anywhere near ready to race, so didn't get it back to the front of the line soon enough, which was entirely my fault and there is no excuse.

On the matter of the invoice, I told him the truth........that it had been so long, that I could NOT remember what all was involved in the price given. Originally that price possibly included some motor parts, but I simply didn't remember and neither did he and I was working on it.

I had a parts list on my computer that I had been figuring out and when he posted here, I sent what I had to him and it had on it, what I remembered, what he had paid, and what the work had cost. There was over a $1000 dollar difference and I plainly told him that I could not remember where it was. He reminded me that I had put the injectors in his manifold and he had not supplied them. So that shaved more off the total but there was still about $500 missing that I had no idea what it was for. So as I told him here, all he has to do is let me know how much he thinks I owe him and he will get it. I think originally I was supposed to get him some lifters, but he got them elsewhere, because it appears we BOTH forgot what the original plan was. I admittedly did not write it down and it appears he did not either, because even he forgot that a cam was part of the deal and he bought one from Charlie Buck, who did the heads.

So bottom line............poor time management on my side.......poor record keeping on both sides

This has been a long and drawn out affair, as there have been numerous setbacks on his engine, for various reasons, I don't think any of which were in his control and knowing this, I did not make enough of an effort to get his intake back to the front, for which I have apologized to him numerous times. And as I said, I simply did NOT remember what the original deal was for, but I was trying to figure it out, but obviously not figuring it out fast enough. I didn't just whip up that bill and send it to him because I saw it here. I had been trying to work it out and jog my memory, by looking at things I had ordered and who they were for a and at this point, I STILL don't recall what the original deal was and he doesn't either

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 09/04/15 04:24 PM.