The same thing happened more or less, so the tractor ended up going to europe and being sold in the mid 80-s.

But they never did find the nitrous bottle that was hidden by the water tank, built around it. It was hell on crankshafts and blocks.

The project head I mentioned was a single cam and only twin t-17s in series which was the norm then.

Originally Posted By justinp61
Originally Posted By Porter67
Alot of varied opinions here, good pints in all. Im not sure if there is a right or wrong answer all things considered.

In the pulling world here is a neat head if you got deep deep pockets.

I recall 1n 79-80 when this started it was just a block of al. and a old bridgeport. At the time it was just a few hours a day between jobs and didnt seem that big of a deal or project, but it was.

This head is said to go over 500 cfm and then add two big turbos....I dont think a head like this would need any cleanup work.

My cousins built John Deer pulling tractors years ago, they built a dual overhead cam cross flow head for one. Then NTPA outlawed it after one season, said it wasn't a production piece as JD at the time wasn't a cross flow head. Heck I didn't think the three to five turbos were production either. laugh2