Just thinking today while sitting at my porting table. After I have one port finished and off multiple trips to my flowbench its time to crank up the stereo with some Stevey Ray Von, Doors, or some other favorite CD and start the usually 2 day process of finishing the other ports. At these times ones mind tends to wonder. Now for the discussion. I personally have been able to pick up a minimum 15cfm and as much as 30 plus cfm on CNC'd heads. I've had guys bring there heads in for flow testing after their car hasn't performed anywhere near what they were told the heads are capable of flowing and the numbers aren't even close to what they were told. Several years ago I would have said CNC is the future of our sport but if the hand ported head isn't a GOOD blueprint, now what? Hand porting is becoming a lost art with many of the true blue teachers passing away and few are interested in pursuing it for full time work. My Son for example has no interest in giving it a try and I even paid for him to go to Darrin Morgans 2 day theory class. Look at Edelbrock for example trying to release a new head and all the issues they are having. I personally see performance issues taking a step back in 10-15 years. What are your thoughts?

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time