Originally Posted By B3RE
Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck
I'm saying that if you can build a 10.5:1 motor it will make more power than an equally prepared 9:1 motor.
"I contend that most cam choices are too large for the intended usage or capability of the heads and induction, and compression is used to crutch the lower rpms to keep it from being a slug."
I do agree with that.

Yes, it does have that capability, but we are talking about a strong running street car, with a street gear, needing to go 12's, without walking the detonation highwire. To stay out of detonation, it would need a big enough cam to bleed off cylinder pressure at lower rpm, but the cam would want to pull at a higher rpm than the rest of the combination requires. I may be wrong, but I suspect the OP will spend more time on the street, at street rpm levels, than at the track wringing it out until it's gasping for air.
I agree the compression will help power all the way through the rpm range, but I would rather have the combination be spot on and get the best useable power for the application over the whole rpm range.

which is why I said use as much compression as you can. He is not at sea level either so the goal will be a tad tougher.