Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck
Originally Posted By B3RE
Originally Posted By B3422W5
I bet that above combo wouldn't run 12's in a stock weight car with that 2400 stall convertor.
The stock cam is about that big, and stock 340 is 10.5 compression, not 9.5. Sounds like a mid13's combo to me....... But who knows.

Yeah, I originally built that combo to go high 13's in a stock weight '72 Duster. It actually had a smaller cam, performer (no RPM) manifold, and a 625 Carter AFB. It went 12.90s with a 3.55 gear and 2200 converter.

Changed to 1.6 rollers, air gap manifold, and a 750 Edelbrock carb, did a little more work to the heads, and went 12.30s. It's ALL about the combination.

easier to do in a Duster. The Challenger is probably 800lbs heavier.
So using a stock bottom end 340 you'll want as much compression as you can handle. You'll need a decent set of heads, decent cam, and much more stall. Now if you want to use a 440 it's much easier.

The Challenger is certainly heavier, but unless it is a highly optioned BB/Hemi convertible, I doubt it's anywhere near 800 pounds.

Btw, what does the compression do for it?

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.