The body is not as cherry as the pic would make it look. There's bondo in the rear wheel openings, the fenders are not great, but the cab itself so far seems to be pretty solid. I dig the LREs and Warlocks too but I wanted a Sweptline for this project-of all the trucks I've owned over the years the only one that was a shortbox was an '02 2500 CTD I bought to fix & sell. I wish the underhood sticker had survived to know what is real and what was added to it, but that's water under the bridge now unless I am lucky enough to find a broadcast sheet for it. Plan is to make it run, do the work to it to make it roadworthy and pass an inspection, and drive it while I accumulate/work over the sheetmetal. Black is about my least favorite color in the whole world but it should look nice when straight and shiny. I'm going to add a couple creature comforts to make it nicer to drive (tilt/cruise/a decent stereo) and I could see swinging in a stroker/518 combo and preserving the original motor/tranny assuming they are #s matching (I will be digging in this morning to have a closer look) but I'm not doing anything to it that can't be undone down the road.

An '06 3500 QC 4x4 Laramie CTD with a 6.7 named "Frankentruck", an '80 W200 CC 440/435 yard truck, a Dakota, a Hemi Ram, and a bunch of projects....still working on resurrecting my '74 Charger after a 25 year hiatus for a "quick paint job"! Now a '78 D150 shortbox factory 440 to keep me occupied.