We lucked out with beautiful sunny weather, temps ~50F.

When Andrew drove up to the track and parked his Plum Crazy Challenger, all eyes were on it!

We had a great session with about 75 students -- most were HPDE/HSAX interested, a few went to the afternoon classes on W2W and track-day support (corner working, safety, timing/scoring, etc.).

We had a full 1-hour of track time split up with three 8-lap sessions.

The lead pace cars held the speeds to ~50mph, then progressed up to ~60mph. I have to say, this was the first time I'd ever driven a car with a BB stroker (~496 cid?) and its awesome! Easy to kick the rear end out if desired.

Andrew's car was the MOST popular car in the pit area!!! A guy with a newer ~2005 (gen 3 or 4?) blue Viper GTS came over and was amazed by the Challenger's beauty and set-up... hands-down... Andrew's Challenger was more popular than the Viper! And, all the GM/Ford and import drivers were in envy!

I'll get some pics posted...

Driving his Challenger was impressive and we both plan to be on track together later this season.... June 6-7 for a club points HPDE/HSAX and W2W event at BHF (then again on Aug 1-2 also at BHF).

Check out www.mcscc.org for season full schedule.

Typical Chicago-area weather... on Monday we had 3-6" of snow fall upon us!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 03/25/15 02:04 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!