Interested in getting started in racing? Hi-Performance Driving Experience (HPDE lapping sessions)? Hi-Speed Autocross (HSAX)? Wheel-to-wheel race competition? Corner working (for the best seat at the track)? Or how about just improving your skills? Then this is a great opportunity for you. Learn the "basics" plus some "advanced tips" from experienced staff. Car preparation tips, what to expect for a day at the races, etc.

The Midwest Council of Sports Car Clubs, with my own member club North Suburban Sports Car Club, is hosting its annual FREE ONE DAY SCHOOL this year at BLACKHAWK FARMS RACEWAY, just ~90 miles west of Chicago, just west of Rockford, Illinois. The day will be indoor classroom, then, pending allowable weather in the later part of the afternoon, track time on the 2-mile road race track will be held ($20 fee for track time). Bring any car you want -- race car not required for the day.

See the links for more info. You must pre-register on www.myautoevents.com no later than March 18, 2015. No obligation if you can't make it after pre-registering. BHF is a great race facility -- clean bathroooms, lunch/rest't, etc.

See also: www.nsscc.org (for flyer) www.mcscc.org (for club season schedule, etc).

Mopower to ya! Hope to see some of you! (PM to me if you want more info or want to meet up with me at the event.)

8456412-DSC08405.jpg (43 downloads)
Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 03/11/15 02:22 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!