Quote:

indy says bolt on 100 hp.
I don't know how anybody can claim this w/o knowing anything about the build. You aren't going to gain 100hp w/o some serious improvements to the rest of the motor. IF you are looking at running 11's there is no need for a boosted 383. And if you can get a decent performance stall for 2-300 I'll take 2. You MIGHT be able to find a used 3800 for $300. W/ a 383 and at your weight you'll probably need 4500+.

i have a 9" 3500 rpm stall already, still unused, i can take it back to the converter shop & have it modified for $200.
i haven't ran my engine yet so i could reuse the lifters, so i'd only need a camshaft $200 ish .
i want my current engine-car combo to run at leased 11.5.
using a turbo i'd expect 9 second et's.
of course 100 bolt on hp would require other extencive mods ( i believe i'd be close enough to get gains heading towards 100hp )
& yes a stall converter of 4000+ rpm probably would be best i'm still lerning. the whole way i've been trying to keep my build streetable but on the other hand want it to be fast. my good friends always try to steer me down the wrong path. even today my good mate was trying to convince me to use the mopar mini express cam. we needed to get a umpire ( our local mopar engine builder ) he said run it as it is. & start saving for a turbo .

Last edited by 383ute; 03/03/15 10:50 AM.