Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A 383 with stock heads, good pistons, and the right cam would make good power with a 75 MM turbo. With eddy heads I bet you could make 700+ @15psi.
Doug

I'm thinking with a 75 mm turbo & eddy heads 700+ with 10lbs .

I don't think so.
Doug

is 75mm big enough to support 700hp? As for headers... I doubt they are going to matter much. It's not like you are going to be able to use anything off the shelf. I sure hope you are good at fab work. Otherwise you'll be paying somebody big money to fab up the hot side.

on the sites i've been looking at 75 mm support 1000+hp & i have a mate that will make my exhaust logs up & i'll get a 4 1/2" or even 5" hot side down my starter motor side as our steering box is on the other side. it will be easier than 4 into 1 headers. & the logs will allow more power than what my diff will take. so many good things about turbos on big blocks. the 383 will also be a very efficent & have loads of torque even at low boost. so far i'm only working off 50% power gains & thats @ 8psi. i'd say my ez headed 383 will be close to 500hp + 50% thats ball park 750hp @ 8psi. the guys running those holsets in basicly mild small block of all brands are making 750+ at the tyres. btw in south east queensland our altitude is under 300ft & intercooler + dry ice if you need it. it kinda sounds to good to be true. one of the guys has a coronet 450 cid 383 block cross bolted mains indy -1's ported, 91 mm garrett turbo running 7.6 with 16psi. & thats a real basic combo using eagle crank & rods. hopefully somebody who has been turboing big blocks can chime in. when i was last talking to these boys i said i'll be more than happy will 800hp & one of em said yeah at the tyres & they were all laughing about it.

Last edited by 383ute; 03/01/15 04:38 PM.