To clarify mine had a minimal amount of cap walk on a few cylinders, and never really any signs of detonation on the plugs/pistons. However it DID have a lot of cylinder pressure that collapsed the piston.

But what was most alarming is the odd bearing wear that was obviously caused by the cap moving/crank bending. It was warn down to the "gold" in the bearing on the inner edge, opposite of each cylinder. Meaning that at/near TDC the rod had so much compression on it, it was actually pulling the caps off center, and literally "tilting" them on the compression stroke.

I haven't had the pan back off the car yet after the re-fresh, so I can't say how effective it was. But I will be VERY surprised if tying everything together didn't help the caps from waving in the wind, like they were doing the last time.

I'm running a bit less boost then I did before (16psi vs. 20psi before), but with more power (better heads/cam, makes about 80~100hp more), so I am certain it isn't any easier on the motor now then it was then.