Yes I have. This is a topic where some say its worthless, some say it works. I feel the BB version is more functional as it can bolt to the pan rails.

I recently found myself in a position of not being able to get a block done right locally for the center 3 caps being 4 bolted.

So being an early race block of the blue high nickle 2 bolt caps I went with it for two reasons. Harmonics and a bit of modification that would slightly tie the main caps together as well.

Some spotface the caps, some dont as per hughes instructions.

Im sure you read the setup is set for some thermal expansion.

If you want to know more of what I did pm me, as outwardly what I have done "looks" like I simply bolted the girdle to the caps but its far more intricate then it looks.

I used the K1 kit with the 14:1 wiseco slugs. I have alot of time in this setup to see how it would pan out.

Twice it was ran to full temp and put under a load on a test stand then torn down for inspection.

Third time it was on the pump to a power level that many would not push a stock block to.

Post dyno inspection showed all the planning was worth the effort.

Im mopar to the core but stray away from the "It has to be this way" or the "How to books" are looked at like its a mopar bible.

Alot of thought and planning went into my little modifications as I would not risk a new rotating assembly or a race block on a hunch.

Its a tight fit and going by the expansion rates in the install booklet was helpful and gave me a good place to start.

Although built as a spray motor, I feel in its N/A form I wont push it any harder. When I get the time to yank it and get it to the proper shop for the 4 bolt caps, then I will spray it.

Girdles do work, maybe better in a different type of motorsport where you have to think out of the box but im comfortable with what I did.

We spun it to 7400 but in reality the best results are shift points at 6800 but I wanted to really put a load on it.

The top end is very unconventional but equal to or better then a indy top end.

By time I got this done and align honed it was just at the same as I pay to have a block 4 bolted and align bored and honed.

A local shop had the means to align hone but not the rest.

8414704-DSC09336.JPG (476 downloads)