For what its worth. I sell both a 9 point and a 10 point girdle for early hemis. The bottom end is almost identical to a small block. Here is a write up when one was install on the early hemi EMC engine.

Tom Waters Girdle
by dan miller » 13 Nov 2009 10:17

We were having trouble with the front main cap moving around on our 354 EMC early hemi. The engine is partially filled, cyro treated, and has 4 bolt splayed main caps on the center three mains.

We had no issues up to about 550 horsepower. We noticed metal transfer on the front main cap at around 575 horsepower, and it started to become an issue at 600 horsepower. We installed a Tom Waters girdle and made 121 pulls, many over 650 horsepower. Upon tear down, we observed that the front main is now solid. Zero movement/issues.

We also installed one of Tom's girdles on our Junior Fueler, about 850 or so horsepower. At these power levels, main cap movement is a fact of life, and one just has to live with it. We only have about ten passes on it (and haven't torn it down yet), so it's probably too early to tell, but I'll advise when we see something. It might not cure things, but I'm betting that it will be of significant help.

A very nice product. Inexpensive, very high quality, came with all parts necessary, installed easily - a true bolt on. I highly recommend it.

Danny

UPDATE
We run the JrFueler @ approaching 900 hp, and have zero issues. The mains walk around a little, but much less with the girdle. We have about 40 passes on a new block, and there is main cap movement, but significantly less than without the girdle.

TR Waters