Quote:

Anybody who is happy with their Lokar Kickdown either lucked into the correct lever ratios or is content with improper shift speeds.

this has been my experiance as well. either late shifts, no shifts or early shifts. plus the cable seems to stretch very easily. one other thing i find troubling is the weak[by my standards] bracketry. the carb brackets as well as the transmission brackets seem to lack the strength and design necessary to not bend/move around without modification. when the weather breaks, i have a 72 duster to convert back to the original factory linkage because of the problems mentioned. in my opinion, a big waste of $85[what the owner paid for the kit.] these may work well on gm stuff[?], but i'll call junk every time on mopar applications. the transmission in this duster shifted perfectly using the stock linkage. it belonged to me, so i can testify to it's integrity. now, it's all over the place. time ran out last fall before winter's onset, or it would have been already replaced. luckily, there has been only 100 mi. or so run before parked, so i'm hoping the trans has not been smoked. and this couple are only interested in show poodles, so there were no beatings involved. for the record, i have had NO experience with the bouchillon kit, so i can't comment on that product.