Quote:

Any of the good, better brands, weight distribution hitches should offer several different weight ratings on the bars, 500,750 and 1000 lbs. Buy the thickest heavy duty ones I use to tow my first enclosed 24 ft. 10,000 lb GVW trailer with a 26 Ft Class A 1.5 ton rated IH chassis motorhome, it would be affected by big Semi passing me on the downhills in SO CA like you are expereincing, it would be affected the same way empty, no trailer or towing my 3600 Lb boat and trailer I bought a 1998 3/4 ton Dodge CTD 2 wheel drive and started using the weight 750 lb weight distribution hitch, you will need the matching reciever also once I got the reciever hitch hieght set correclty and the trailer chains on the bars set correctly it was easy and a dream to pull that trailer There is no way I would think of pulling a 28 ft. enclosed car trailer out of my driveway without a weight distrubution hitch on it, no way We bought a 35 ft 5th wheel hitch travel trailer, it pulled way better than the 3 different bumper pull car trailers ever did I'm kind of looking for a longer goose neck or fifth wheel hitch racing trailer with living quarters now, if I can trade my current 24 ft Pace Shadow in on it

If you are race car towing, don't leave home without them. I tow an 18' open trailer (loaded) on very hilly and winding terrain with a Jeep rated at 7500lb.GVWR. I Use 800 lb bars. I do have a set of 1000 pounders, but the 800 lb bars work beautifully. IMO, the big deal is getting the tongue weight correct.

Fastest 300