UPDATE:
So Feets talked me down and into the 1 inch master.
this got me into researching chevy master cylinders. Apparently they wire them backwards, so my brakes have been wrong this whole time.

I put the lines in like you would a mopar. Rear port to the front brakes but they do front to front.

I found they made a 1 inch for manual brakes and managed to find one in garland.
BUT apparently the aftermarket master I have only used 3/8th ports for the front and back. The factory used 1/2 inch for the front and 9/16th for the rear.
I spent all day searching for an adapter. All the parts stores adapter bins are either empty, misfiled, or just full of junk parts people tossed in them. No inventory control on them at all.

However my luck held out today on so many things, wrecks, speed traps, etc.. that at 8, one of the o'riely's happened to have the adapters I needed.

I just finished putting it back together and I can lock up the brakes if I stand on it. but otherwise normal braking.

so 2 different things using an aftermarket manual to power conversion.
wrong master cylinder size and front port to front brakes makes a huge difference.

I still think I can bolt up a 95 intrepid booster and master to the brackets I have, but as long as this booster holds up I will let it go. I might hunt one down next time I go to the yards, or have feets see if he can find one next time he is in the yards. but it works now.

I had the 10 inch discs from an m-body on the 65 coronet.
feets gave me a set of the 11 inch caliper adapters and I stole the 11 inch discs from him when he sold the hot rod.
so those rotors have been sitting bare on a shelf for several years and at least 6 months or so on my garage floor.

I got a chance today to swap them out. didn't open anything up, just popped the calipers off, swapped the adapters and rotors and then put it back together.

pumped it up till I got a firm pedal again. (had to push a piston back in) and then tried to pull it out of the garage.
had my foot in it standing on the pedal and it wouldn't stop under power. when I put it in neutral it stopped.

I got it on level ground and it won't stop in drive. It will hold in reverse, unless I am on an incline. and of course it stops when I am in neutral.

I tried to drive it with the brakes on a bit, back and forth and it might have helped a little, but hard to tell.

did I miss something? glazed rotors?

I was very careful not to get grease on anything. I changed gloves and everything between setting the bearings in and mounting the rotor. But I will probably spray it down with brake cleaner later just in case.

Last edited by Andrewh; 01/25/15 02:25 AM.