I find it interesting that several suggest the Crown Vic suspension because it mounts on 4 bolts. I would also like to point out the Volare cross member also bolts on with 4 bolts. As I understand, so does a Jag crossmember, and a Pacer did also, if I remember correctly. There are a lot of modern suspension systems that are bolted to their original cars that don't transfer well to something else.

The issue is not so much how the suspension system attached to the original vehicle, but how those bolt locations will transfer to the "new" vehicle's frame. It should be fairly obvious the bolt mounting holes for what ever modern suspension system used, will not be on a different chassis. I don't know how the Crown Vic bolt pattern is arranged, but I suspect you probably can't bolt the Crown Vic crossmember onto the same year F 150 because the mounting bolt locations for the Crown Vic are not present on the F150, unless you add the bolt mounting locations to the F150 chassis. That may not be difficult, or it may be very difficult, depending on the F150 chassis design, and how many things need to move.

The aftermarket Mustang II suspension systems are not popular because they are a superior system (because they are not), but because some guys took the time to develop a process and supply the needed parts to attach them to a wide variety of different vehicles. If no one has developed a Mustang II style system for your specific vehicle, you will still have to do some fabrication.

The bottom line is, regardless of how a suspension system was attached to its original vehicle, unless someone has made an attachment system for that suspension system to attach to your specific chassis, nothing other then the original equipment designed for your vehicle is going to bolt on. Some kind of fabrication is going to be required.

If you choose to modify your original vehicles suspension, there is no easy way to do it, but there are some ways that are more difficult then others. There is a reason it is called "modify and build" instead of "bolt on and exchange". Gene

Last edited by poorboy; 01/18/15 12:18 PM.