Its been a while. If I remember correctly, the original mounting ears were designed to be level with earth (front to back, and side to side) at ride height (ride height is important). That should set the upper control arms with the rear lower then the front by about an inch, to an inch and a half,(there is quite a visible difference, if you have an opportunity to see one still installed in a car, look at the upper control arm angles) from level. You need to be sure you have the spindles centered in your wheel openings, and square to the truck. You also need to set the distance from the frame correct for your ride height and clearance when everything is done. Though there is some height adjustment, cranking the cross torsion bars up will be short lived, they tend to settle down pretty fast when they are under load, and there is very little it can be lowered. Its important that the K member be set and positioned correctly, then adapt the frame to meet the correctly positioned K member. Resist the temptation to adapt the K member mounting to making attaching to the frame easy. Compromising the correct location of the K member for ease of installation is most often what gave these clips a bad rep. The other issue is the torsion bar mounting pieces, (and other worn suspension) be sure yours are good.

If you are using the original steering box, be watchful of the angle of the column and the steering column clearance with the motor & firewall. The box sits back on the K member and it tends to have a pretty steep angle for the column on old trucks. Steering U joints can only handle about a 25 degree angle from straight, the the box is close to the firewall (at least was on the 3 I did).

The Volare suspension gives a great ride under a mid 50s truck (I had one under a 54 Dodge pickup). They tend to feel a bit mushy if you do spirited corners, and bigger sway bars are the only fix. The brakes are excellent, especially if combined with 10" or 11" rear brakes. Two of the 3 vehicles I installed these clips under were my personal vehicles. One went 70,000 after the install without issues, and the other went 40,000 miles without issues. Both vehicles were sold for different projects.

The later versions of the K member (from 5th Ave/Diplomats) had a reinforcing bar added under the upper control arm, bolted to the adjusting plate. The extra reinforcing plate helped the alignment issue the early cars had.

You have the K member in hand, and it looks pretty clean. Mount it correctly, and use it. That said, there are better and more easy to mount clips available these days, for your next project. Gene