Quote:

Quote:

also (I think it was them) Perfect Circle used to make a cast flat top (no dish) for a 360. I am wanting to see if they still do.
Why are 360's all equipped with dished pistons where 318s aren't? They handicapped the 360 right from the factory, I wouldnt understand why theyd want that either. (though I know most 318s are "in the hole" a bit too)

Yes, you can still get replacement, dished pistons for the 360 through any auto parts house.

Here's another option that's C H E A P. They're an ugly pistons but have proven to be rock solid relaibale in a build such as yours. I even know of one set in a motor that's gone high 11's now for going 4 years. I know of another set in a pulling truck AND had 40K+ street miles on it. Motor came down last year for a freshen...pistons/rings were A-Okay!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slp-h405cp30/overview/make/chrysler

Yeah I know OEM style stock "dished" pistons are available everywhere "a dime a dozen", in the post where I asked that I was looking for a cast flat top (NOT dished)
Those ones you link to at summit are the ones I am looking into getting. Would I need a balance job to go with them vs the stock typed dished POS'?
Already have the Magnum heads on hand they are a definite to go onto this engine, looking for around 9:1 to 9-1/4 to 1 probably at most.
Definitely wanting a boost from the OEM sub-8:1

NOT wanting "cheap" for the sake of cheap nor bragging rights for "most expensive" 360 towing/4X4 motor but bottom line is BANG FOR THE BUCK...
Block at machine shop it has not yet bored as of 2 days ago/ was told to hold off on buying to be sure it'll clean up there; I wanted only 0.020 over but machinists claim 0.020 "harder to find" and pretty much insist on going 030 if any at all... so I have been shopping 30-over