This engine is going into my son's 89 Ramcharger when done, the truck's TBI is going into the garbage with the computer, truck will have a carb (probably one of the 2, DemonSizzler prepped TQ's I have in the attic)
3 season driver, tow vehicle, best MPG I can get "for what it is" (a 4WD "brick")
I have a '76 360 in the machine shop now. (I tried talking the kid into a carb'd magnum 360 but he bought this motor 1st)

Looking at basically a stock 0.030" overbore rebuild on the short block. Crank fine, polished up "STD". "clean up" cut on the deck if needed.
I'm putting brand new EQ Magnum heads onto this LA block. already have the heads. stock-for Magnum sized valves (not 2.02's) Bought the 318-B (LA bolt pattern) heads direct from EQ, got the fully assembled ones.
Cam; I am looking at a COMP 260H with their nitride treatment.
Pistons will be Perfect Circle, Badger etc stock replacement style.
Intake; Edebrock, not sure if we will go with a "standard" performer or an RPM... I don't remember which one of these will allow use of the factory A/C (alum. compressor)
Not wanting to replace torque converter (trans is fresh as is converter
Will break in on manifolds, but will get headers shortly after.

sound like a pretty decently matched system? I have built a few motors over the years, most pretty much "stock"
this is my son's 1st engine build I am helping him through it and showing him some of the "tricks" I have learned since then, while we are at it w/o some of the past mistakes that I have made.

I have done 1 other mag head swap/ that, on a 83 318 in a 3/4 ton pickup, that one got a stock 360-2 cam put into it at that time,(same specs as a COMP 252 at 1/2 the price) on an unrebuilt 120K mile short block, and that combo really woke that engine up to a point of some people thinking I was lying about it being "only" a 318.

A COMP 260 has a lift of 0.440" I/E with stock 1.5 rockers and .460-something with the magnum 1.6s. I want increased torque and HP but do not want to worry about piston to valve interference.

Is there a similar spec'd cam (can be a different brand) to the 260H that will accomplish what we are after?