Quote:

Quote:

It's all about the chassis set up. Has little to do with hp. If they were so bad ass they would show up at one of the big heads up events with their cars/trucks. Instead they are there walking around all cocky and stuck up. I saw Daddy Dave in Georgia without his truck. I've been to Tulsa and none of them or their cars were there. I'll run anyone of them for 10k on a prepped track with N/T on my windshield. The streets they are racing on are fairly well prepped. There's alot of rubber down on every starting line they show on tv. It's a show and things are not all as it appears. Yes they have some bad rides for sure but not as bad as you might think for what's under the hood. And Farm truck won't run a 5 anything! Bet that!

I always find this type stuff humorous.......so why, would they bring their cars, which are setup for the STREET to a heads up event, prepped for radials.......why would they do that. They KNOW they would get their asses handed to them and they will tell you that..............BUT, you take your RACE car out there and run them in THEIR environment, you are likely to get humbled VERY quickly. What a car runs on the track, means very little as to what it will do on a public street, whether it has some rubber on it or not.

And when I said above that 6 of the cars on the list will run sub 5 sec ETs.........that is NOT what they run at the TRACK. That is what they run ON THE STREET, when they make good clean passes. And the reason I say this, is because I KNOW this. I have seen the data. Not rocket science to lay a street graph, on top of a race track graph, where you know the ET it ran and compare the data.

These guys are NOT setup for track racing. The cars have lots of bite, lots of rear percentage and loose suspension. NONE of which is condusive to stellar ETs on a prepped track..........but does it work on the street.........yes it does. Long list of guys who think it's easy and are going to go out there and show the "Outlaws" what's what. Funny thing is........it hasn't happened yet.

Jeff Lutz told me face to face, that when he went out there, he left the same tune in the 57 that had just gone 6.80s at 215 in Baytown and that it made a surprisingly clean pass down the street. The Sonoma marched away from him on the street..........That's pretty fast.

Bottom line, you think you got what it takes to "show them"........all you have to do......is go do it

Chads Buick has a 5.0 bore space motor. We run 4 teens on radials. I could put Doc's motor in our car and probably go 4.20s-.30s as his stuff is not quite as good as ours. Now, am I saying Doc's car should go that fast at the track if properly setup.......maybe, if it was setup right and at the same weight as us......but it's NOT and it WON'T. What I AM saying though, is we take Chad's Buick out there, even with 10.5 slicks on it and we are going to have a BAD day on the street..........On BIG tires, might be a different story, but that's a moot point, because that is not what we have

Monte

I'm a converted street racer, I use to kill numerous track cars with my 93 dodge dakota grudge truck. They all thought the same as most here, thier track car was gonna bust my ass on the street... NOPE! I would take teack car money 99% of the time. small tire on a track is good, small tire track car on the street is just gonna spin off into a ditch. I'm changing my suspension tune in my truck for the track as Monte already stated it is too much bite and too soft for the track.

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum