Quote:

Quote:

If people want to use the K&N formula - then this s how u calculate the surface area of a round filter.

Its circumference x height - Plug in the diameter into this calculator and itll tell you the circ.

Then x by height -

http://www.csgnetwork.com/circle_sphere_area_calculator.html

David Vizard says you need to adjust the height of the filter to account for the top & bottom molding and edge effects. So, your 3" filter calc really should be more like 2-3/4" (or whatever a particular filter measures) when you're trying to come up w/ effective surface area.

Also, for those who question the data I found and posted from tests performed elsewhere, no problem. But if you feel the need to pi$$ on the results, you should probably dig up your own data or -- even better -- conduct your own tests to (in)validate it.

At least I took the time to try and find something more than just a bunch of opinions on the subject.

Yes...the K&N site also says that some compensation for the lid and base lips along with the filter band needs to be taken into account - but the figures I provided are not too far off to be of use.

As far as pissing on your tables.....I'll be happy to refrain from plagueing this thread with basic Math any further......feel free to keep burning any books you dont agree with........