Quote:

Quote:

^ Agreed that most of the Toyota problem was driver error, just as it was with the Jeep Grand Cherokee issue from several years back.

I'd agree- most, but not all. There are several reports of stack overflow issues in their ECU's. I doubt the majority of their claims were legitimate computing errors though:

"Skid marks notwithstanding, two of the plaintiffs’ software experts, Phillip Koopman, and Michael Barr, provided fascinating insights into the myriad problems with Toyota’s software development process and its source code – possible bit flips, task deaths that would disable the failsafes, memory corruption, single-point failures, inadequate protections against stack overflow and buffer overflow, single-fault containment regions, thousands of global variables. The list of deficiencies in process and product was lengthy."

So how does this prevent the hydraulic brakes from functioning?

Or the key from shutting the engine off?

Or the gearshift lever being moved to neutral?

Driver error. Skid marks from parking brake? duh. I can leave you some a mile or two long if you like. Its for PARKING not stopping the car.

"Jean Bookout and Barbara Schwarz sued Toyota Motor on products liability and wrongful death theories claiming to have been injured and/or damaged in a car wreck in 2007 in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma caused by the 2005 Camry Bookout, age 82"

82? I suspect that is part of the issue right there.

I'm pushing 50 and my reaction time and situational awareness while driving isn't as sharp as it once was which is all part of growing old. 82? Don't get me started..

"I think its got a hemi"