Quote:

Not likely
1)Body shops usually are not equipped with scan tools. They normally sublet having modules reflashed/reprogrammed.

I never stated the body shop would scan it, I was referring to the insurance adjuster. The body shop isn't going to stop them and the owner isn't there.
Quote:

2) Crash data isn't something you can pull up with a code reader, I doubt it's available at a normal dealer level access, but OE at minimum.

The equipment is available for sale if you have the coin. An average shop isn't going to have any need for it but an insurance company might invest in the equipment.
Quote:

3) If the Insurance Co wanted the data they could get it, either via a subpoena, or access it after they total it without any marginally legal shenanigans.

1) Who is saying shenanigans? Could be as innocent as asking the body shop for access to a vehicle that is wrecked so an appraisal can be performed. Body shop isn't going to say boo.
2) A longtime friend of mine runs a body shop, I have witnessed some funky stuff from adjusters. Saw an adjuster once total a car after it needed a few more hundred bucks worth damage. I think wrecker backed into it by "accident" and got the number where it needed to be.

oops.

"I think its got a hemi"