On the subject of lexan, the cars in CAM are supposed to be street legal cars and lexan isn't in the spirit of that.

On the wheelbase in T: I'm personally a little disappointed with it. I suggested a minimum WB of 103" so cars like early A Bodies and the Ford Maverick / Comet wouldn't have to compete in CAM/S. But some times things like this are the product of the sausage making that is creating a set of rules that have to satisfy multiple entities. The upside is that 1) Regions are being encouraged to offer CAM as a single class, the sub-classes being offered at National Tour events and any other SCCA "special events" that may develop for CAM. 2) the chances of anyone being severely mis-matched at a Regional Solo are slim. The chances of a Danny Popp or a Josh Leisenger showing up at a Regional event are extremely slim.

And yes, I'm building a '79 Aspen that I'm putting a Laughlin BGN chassis under. This is perfectly fine for CAM, Goodguy's, or USCA and I'm not the first to do it. Mine is going to have a heavy short track "Kit Car" influence in street fighter style build.

Dave Dusterberg
1979 Aspen R/T (soon to be #19 CAM/T)
2002 Ram 1500 SLT
2005 Magnum R/T
2005 Mustang GT SCCA CAM/C #19