Quote:

Spool on the street?

VERY bad idea, ANY amount of moisture on the street and it's like being on glare ice. Rounding corners drags a tire and can break an axle, and not always when you are turning a corner, it can stress and break when least expected.

Nodular/Yukon 8.75 with a Sure Grip. Plenty for most any street strip car unless it's a big power/heavy car on slicks. Brand new drop in will run about $1250.00

Detroit Locker? Strongest of the 8.75's but they are noisy. I run one in my 71 Demon and am going back to a Nodular 8.75 Sure Grip, I just don't like the racket when cruising and probably don't need the extra strength on any tire that's streetable. These run a hundred bucks or so more than the Nodular/Yukon unit.

For a bit more $ you can buy a custom built Dana 60 from Cass and be done with it. In your case that would be my move.

Scott I am curious as you say you get a ratchet sound when cruising out of your locker ? I can say the only noise I hear is when it thumps a little sometimes when it locks back up but I dont hear any noises when just cruising along as my noise is just after turns and it locks the one wheel back up and once in a while I can actually feel a small bump when it locks back in. Course I am so used to it I dont even notice that much anymore but I have not noticed any racthet type of noise. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 11/26/14 01:56 AM.