Quote:

So exactly what was NOT street legal about it? Treaded tires, mufflers, lights, turn signals, horn, etc. Plus Drag Week requires registration and insurance from your state???? Street "car" and street "legal" are two entirely different things

Monte

I agree that street car and street legal are different. It is unlikely that any of the unlimited cars are truly street "legal".

Where is the catalytic converter on Larson's 98? If the emissions equipment is gone, how is it legal under 42 U.S. Code § 7522?

Lexan windows, spools, exhaust cutouts, ride height/visibility limitations, etc. You can file all these under "CS" but at some point the slope becomes too slippery. I think the truck is there, and that was maybe part of the point. I would like to hear the story on how it is tagged (even though tags don't necessarily mean compliance). Maybe you know.

Here is an interesting statute in Oklahoma:

"§47-12-402. Mufflers or other noise-suppressing systems - Prevention of excessive or unusual noise.

A. Every vehicle shall be equipped, maintained, and operated so as to prevent excessive or unusual noise. Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler or other effective noise-suppressing system in good working order and in constant operation, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, bypass or similar device. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in any manner which will amplify or increase the noise or sound emitted louder than that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle."

Would probably knock out 75% (more) of the Drag Week competitors....

What mufflers are on your car, because by this law, and your theory, it's not "legal"

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!