Quote:

I love Larson's Nova. The S10 I think is absolutely ridiculous. I understand he built it to prove a point, but I still don't care for the truck very much. It's a pro mod with an S10 shell loosely draped over the chassis.

That being said, he drove it a thousand miles on drag week and ran it at every track, and just laid down the first 5 second pass ever by a street legal vehicle. That demands respect, and they did an incredible job. You can't take anything away from the truck, it is a street car that ran in the 5's. Period.

I think people should be careful here. The fact that they got through drag week is impressive, even if they had to limp and nurse it along (portable generator?). However, that truck is not "street legal" under the vehicle codes in any of the states in which Drag Week occurred, or in Nevada. Probably don't even need to get past the removal of the emissions equipment.

The truck is legal under the rules of Hot Rod's "Drag Week" which will count for nothing in court after an actual run-in with law enforcement. My impression is all this was maybe part of Larson's point in the first place - the class rules are not restrictive enough.