Quote:

Cam too small, carb too big, converter too big, 36 degrees what? Initial? initial + mechanical? initial+mechanical+vacuum? What ignition setup? Stupid question, but did you make sure the plug wires are going to the right places and are not running parallel to each other?

Myself? I'd add a bigger cam. If the static compression is high and you run a small cam the dynamic compression can be high cause detonation. Double check that the carb isn't too lean, that'll cause detonation as well. Look at the plugs, if they are white there you go.

I had her setup with 18º initial so she can start easy. he isn't too mechanically inclined. I hit the 36º total. She probably would have liked 38-40 too but she wouldn't move with that setting.

Mopar Electronic Ignition with an orange box, MSD coil...MSD wires...I checked the plug wires and verified they are going to the right spots....

I told him to leave the TC and go with a 478 Crower mechanical.....he doesn't want to remove the front fascia/radiator and tear into the motor...

some numbnut told him to go buy a 1200 stall converter and he thought he'd ask me. I am more or less out of the game as far as fixing cars so I can't open a motor anymore. All I can be is a spectator. I can't even remove a radiator hose anymore

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s