Quote:

Depending on the tire, all can seem right but it just comes down to rotating tires to keep them round. It seems to be something that is rarely thought of these days, but can be pretty vital on some applications.

Jeep guys rotate their mud terrains every 5-7,000 miles [or should], even when properly balanced and aligned.

This is true and good advice.

Years ago I bought 4 new BF AT 33" tires for this 87 ramcharger. They came with a life time rotate & balance or something like that.

I took them off at my shop to rotate the tires on a regular basis. When I did, I ran the wheels and tires down the street a 1/4 mile to the shop where I bought them and have them re check the balance. After like the 3rd time I started to doubt that they were actually checking them, so I took the weights before taking them in. Then they came back with new weights. The manager started checking serial numbers on the tires. Then I drove the truck down there and showed them my truck and tires one day. Then we were good for years.
I put the lift, gears and tires on the truck when it was brand new in 87 and drove it for 7 years and 90K+ miles before it was sold it.

Here's crappy picture of a picture, it's one of 2 pictures I have of the truck. It was ordered as a 360 truck new stripped and I did the lift, tires and 4:11 gears front and back when it was new in 87. I towed a 20' boat with it for years. It was a company vehicle, not really mine.

Moparmarks, Yes that's where I send our F-350/450 to a semi shop. What rack they put it on? I don't know. This is one of those shops that work on ford F-53 motorhome chassis and know how to straighten out those deals once the motorhome is mounted on the chassis which changes the alinement a lot. So I feel they have more experience with alinements with heavy loads verses the neighborhood shop.