Quote:

Hi all

I'm about to install a FireCore distributor (not the RTR version) and Rick Ehrenberg's HiRev ECU on my low comp 440. Until now I had a Blaster II coil but that doesn't seem to be recommended with this setup. My old ECU was a standard black 5 pin with 4 pin ballast resistor, by the looks of it the original unit. It worked but the distributor was on the way out and I wanted something better anyways.
Also upgraded to Holley Commander EFI without spark control though as I didn't feel like messing with GM HEI conversion stuff.

Both FireCore and Rick suggest using an OEM style oil filled coil but which one? I don't race my cars but I do want a reliable setup.

Thanks for your input!
Tim

Mopar Performance recommends a 0.25 Ohm ballast with the Blaster II and Chrome box. Keep in mind its resistance increases as the resistor heats up as it primary purpose is to limit the current to the coil.. U can use almost any value around 1.0 ohm..

I have been running the 0.25 Ohm resistor on my warmed over 383 for over 10 years without any issues..

Just my $0.02...