Quote:

i've seen many, many aftermarket shifter cables mal or misadjusted, that flat eats up HP and transmissions, especially in our 727 and 904 I learned a long time ago to make sure the pin on the end of the cable end that rotates on the cable to adjust the length that fits into the shifter arm on the valve body drops in in nuetral, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. DROPS IN If it doesn't adjust the cable hieght and angle on the tranny bracket that hold the cable to the shifter arm until the cable end drops in by itself in all four positions Some the different shifters companys don't designate which way they want the pin to be install, from the top of the shifter arm or from the bottom, if your doesn't sometimes 1/2 a turn on the cable end will make the difference in dropping and not dropping Good luck , lets us know how it works out

Man I went through the cable deal a while ago where it banged into gear violently on shifts so I crawled under to adjust it at the trans and all was fine. Well confused I decided to check the cable at the shifter and the adjusting nuts were loose...........star washers and all so I cranked em tight re-checked it again at the trans and all`s good. I know it`s ok cos I waxed two Chevys since then...........

Last edited by Thumperdart; 10/27/14 12:34 PM.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....