It's a budget stroker made with stock parts. Lots of info on the internet and many ways of doing it. It uses a stock 4.0 block, stock AMC 258 crank and rods, and 4.0 pistons.

It really goes together seamlessly, nothing had to be modified other than shimming the crank girdle up to clear the extra stroke. The stock crank girdle is super flimsy but I put it back on anyways, can't hurt.

I used ford Motorsport 24lb injectors and a crane cam. It runs well, it's in my xj Cherokee that is lifted with 35" tires. It weighs about 4400lbs and it moves well. It will run 80mph with the AC blasting no problem. It will also push it way faster than it needs to. Math says I have done about 115with it when it had 33" tires on it.

There is more parts available now than there was ten years ago. Kb makes a piston to use the longer 4.0 rod with the 258 crank. I think the longer rod might help flatten the power some, it's kind of peaky like this. But I am sure some of that comes from the ecu programming not being ideal for an extra 37 cubes although it handles it well and has no problems.

These motors are pretty tough, a friend of mines Dad has a stroker 4.0 in a little altered car, it's been 9.40s with a ported stock head. He spins it to the moon and it's held together well for a few seasons now.

8307490-image.jpg (117 downloads)

68 Barracuda Formula S 340