Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry but I'm going to have call bs on this too.

I hypermile the crap out of my '01 360 4x4 1500 w/ 4.10's and the best I can get is 18 at 50 to 55mph. The converter is chopped out, it has a Flowmaster 40 and an electric fan.

Also I would have to see this 3/4 ton "spin the tires" (on dry pavement, I'm assuming) to believe it.

4.10s are killing you, running around with no load is making the engine fight vacuum to pull the piston down and friction is a lot higher. It is pretty funny to hear some put hyper-miling and 4.10 gears in the same sentence

At 55 I'm only turning 1700 rpm with 285 rubber. RPM wise, that's as good as it gets for the beer barrel and I'm at the lowest wind resistance that traffic behind me can tolerate.

If I had 3.55's I'd have to wind it up to 65-70 at which point the air really starts to catch a 5600 pound, 6 foot tall truck. Fuel mileage would be worse and it would downshift on anything but level ground.

I had 3.55's in a regular cab SB 2wd with a 318 and it could barely equal the mileage I'm getting with this one and had no off-line power at all. Non Magnum engine however.

After all the Dodges I've owned one thing is always the same: anything over 60 mph and you take at least a 3mpg hit; more like 5mpg.

I don't know how they do it, but the gms' I've owned, maybe 1, 2mpg penalty at the most.

360View has been through this in great detail, and I've taken alot of his suggestions on here over the years. The best one he gave was to keep the throttle blades as far open as you can without downshifting (on hills and such) to keep mileage up. It works: the overhead instant mileage reading backs it up too.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".