Quote:

Quote:

If my 01 Ram got 20 MPG, I would be sending a thank you note to all the Chrysler engineers...

I've personally never experienced nor witnessed a full size truck with a 5.9 get 20+mpg in normal driving conditions..but I guess anything is possible,I'm thinking its just not the norm.

Hey KG is your 99 5.9 truck a 2wd?

I didn't buy the superchips tuner for the mileage, I bought it because my truck is an absolute dog without it. I could drive anywhere and hit a hill or very small grade and it would feel like you had the brakes on! It has the "death tune" in the pcm. When I bought the truck it used 1 quart of oil every 100 miles, had zero power, pinged like crazy. My bicycle could go faster than this thing would. I found the lower intake plenum gasket was blown in 5 different places. I ordered the engine kit from hughes engines. REplaced the spark plugs, upstream o2, gutted the convertor. The rest is history. This truck is a 4x4 3/4 ton quadcab with a 4.10 gear. With the programmer it will destroy the tires in an instant. Without you'd have to jack the rear up to get it to spin!