After watching Breaking Bad I got an idea. For years I've been cleaning parts like control arms, frames, brackets etc etc with brake cleaner and lacquer thinner, then using a wire brush and wire wheel on an angle grinder to get the remaining rust off. Today, I experimented and put a couple gallons of muriatic acid (from local hardware store) in a plastic 55 gallon drum. I pulled the control arms off my girlfriends nova earlier, and they were caked in grime, oil, dirt and rust. I put them in the drum. They started sizzlin. The fumes were intense so I got a respirator. After 10 minutes, I pulled them out and they were bare bright metal were they had been dipped. Im going to get more and completely submerse them. I cant believe how great it worked.

Is this common knowledge? Does anyone else do this or a similar technique? I had never heard of doing this before. I know that you can get your car acid dipped, but I didnt know there was similar chemical available for over the counter purchase.

It's saved me a lot of time cleaning and grinding.