Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

One of the dumbest things I hear is when people say racing 1/8 mile gets things through quicker.
I know at our 1/4 mile track, if a 10 flat car lifts at the 1/8 mile and coasts out doing 110 mph, he is going to take way longer to get off the track for the next pair than lifting at 135 mph at the 1/4 mile finish line and coasting out.

Now here's where I will disagree as I have witnessed it. 1/8 mile racing will and does shorten the racing program. We used to end up racing till 4am during the Halloween Classic till they switched over to 1/8 mile racing. Now we finish up way earlier which is great at that time of year. I'm kinda open minded on this subject as I do both and at times 1/8 mile is the smart move. (high car counts, bad weather, track conditions, cold track condition)

And I guess I will disagree with this if you are referring to Norwalk. IF all things the same as far as oil downs then the 1/4 is quicker as the cars are getting to the end of the track quicker. Norwalk does not usually open the earlier turn offs so either way the cars HAVE to run to the end of the track. Please explain how a car running slower will clear the track quicker

That was the point I was trying to make as well. 131 doesn't have an early turnout. Running 1/8 it takes way longer to coast out and clear the track.... Plus the ET shack is well past where you would be even if there was an earlier turnout.
Guess I never noticed Norwalk had an early turnout. When do they use it? For jr dragsters?

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8