Quote:

Get out more????Where to Michigan???that's about 800 miles away.Like I said here in KY,that midnight madness stuff is a bunch of Honda civics and Neons and Maybe a 240sx with a turbo,most of em running 10 second 1/8th miles.I understand your point,but all the tracks within 150 miles of me run 1/8th mile,so I am supposed to not race,cause its only 1/8th mile?I guess I should move to Oklahoma City and race on the street with all those losers?I was making a point that most of the action on the dragstrip happens in the first 660 ft.,you cant admit that?????

No, I hear ya, I am spoiled. Most of the racing around here is 1/4 mile.
I am thankfull it's that way, if it wasn't I would have WAY less interest in spending my time and money on a car and racing it.
1/4 or 1/8 the tree and stripe are both important, as both have them.
I have always raced 3 speed automatics, so to me I much more enjoy hitting the tree, hitting my shift points, then racing the finish line. To me the 1/4 affords the opportunity to do all of those things.
But if your a racer, you race at what you have. If my local track hadn't been 1/4 mile 40+ years ago when I first went down the track, I would probably be skeet shooting, or bowling or something

Btw... I was born in Elizabethtown, Ky. It's a little better than 6 hours from me, and I am 1/2 hour from my local track, it isn't close to 800 miles to anywhere in Kentucky from here.... LOL

Last edited by B3422W5; 08/31/14 03:20 AM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8