Quote:

Here is a good thread for a rainy Saturday. I'm getting the popcorn ready cause we are getting back into the big bar vs small bar debate.

Mitch should hop in here and comment. He has been running big bars for many years and his Challenger looks way better than those cars I have seen pictures of with Magnum Force suspensions with their tires folded under the frame rail.

Mitch let me drive his car on the track and around rural roads and i have to say it rides nice. Like how you would want a handling car to ride. His car is a small block E body with some big bars and I forget how big they are at the moment.

Mitch's bars, I believe are somewhere around 1.26" in diameter. Remember, the length of the bar matters in determining spring rate. A 1.00" E-body bar is softer than a 1.00" A-body bar since the A-body bar is shorter. Again big T-bar vs. small T-bar. We have a member here who's got a Hemi Barracuda and high spring rates running on the Nurburgring. On the other hand you've got Nascar-like setups running small spring rates with big sway bars. It depends on your application and what the driver perefers. From what I've been told, if you go big bar you're going to want to support your torsion bar cross-member and do some welding. You might be fine if you add a full cage to your car as it will reduce chassis flex "forcing" your suspension to articulate a bit more.