Quote:

Geez. I was just trying to help Mike.
He's got a fairly stock Hemi engine that I'm almost positive doesn't have a roller cam.
Mike chime in and help me please.
Oh and by the way I know someone who STILL uses the "chart method" and hasn't suffered any sort of catastrophic failure...

No one is saying it can't be used.I will work with most early style cams like 490 and 509 and many of the old style that have a wide base circle.Read carefully the post about the newer type of cams.Comp Cams and others recommend the method we suggested.If your comfortable and confident with the chart method stay with it.With the aggressive cam designs today running too loose or too tight cam beat cams,lifters and valve train componants to death.The question was asked,answered and explained to the best of my and others knowledge.This knowledge was based on years of engine building and racing.It's the readers choise of how they want to adjust their valves and it's fine to disagree.We explained how we do it and why,remember there are many diffrent ways to skin a cat.Myself I start with a dead cat,not much chance of getting scratched or hurt.