I am goiung to rant for awehile in fact been waiting for ths one. First do you really think that that the guy at chrysler had no idea where the cam lobes are on a v/8 with are firing order and was drunk at the time so wanted to screw with us? If so take the time to check where they are next assembly. Ever heard of cycle life? I have no idea if my starting system is going to work for one or one thousand times before I hit the start button in staging and nothing. I have watched guy cycle that system for like 50 times to set 16 valves and tell me they stopped at the exact same place as last time. When I set the dampener to the timing mark there is no Question it is where it was last time. Any change in that valve at that exact piont? That's what I want to know. Yes I use the open close thing when at the track and time is important but in my mind I am close enough for the next round. When I get it home and have time then it will be dead nuts on. Just to through this in I am old enough to have done the set them running and listen for the click or try to use feeler gauge. Hot oil bath from hell etc. etc. I though I had died and gone to heaven the first time I saw the chart for nonrunning valve adj. Never set an another valve running in my life also have not worn out a starting system trying to set valves.