Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IMO they could help in a stock E-Body but I never checked to know for sure. As in stock form the ball joint is lower than the inner pick up points on the UCA. (UCA/ball joint pointing down )IMO this causes the top of the wheel to go out before it goes in ( camber) But you can mess things up quick. When I did hours of bump steer measurements with every combo I could think of using a-body LCA ,b-body drag links and the C-Body spindle etc.... When I used the taller ball joint in my combo ( 73 C-Body) it made the bump steer measurements worse, so I went back to stock length.

so your not running the taller howe balljoints on your car now?

No

But are you running the C-body (73?) Spindles?

If so, how much taller are they?

Yep I'm running the 73 C-Body spindle. They are 5/8" taller and drop the car 5/8"
The KPI on the e-body spindle I measured at 5 degrees, on the C-Body I measured it at 7.5 Degrees. To measure it I mounted the spindle pin in the lathe and then used a precision bevel protractor and measured the machined flat surface on the top of the spindle.

Do you think there is room between the top of your ball joint and the insde of your 18" rims to run 5.6" of backspace?

What backspace, width and offset (positive?) are your front rims?

Did you want to add KPI degrees to reduce scrub radius with your particular rim and tire setup (315/40/18 12" wide rim)? If so, did it help much?

5.6" backspace would be close? Might work, but it would hit my tierod set up. I lowered the outer tie rods to correct bump steer.

Howe quick bump kit

KPI was built into the spindle and it is what it is. I didn't reinvent the wheel per say I just researched the Petty kit cars and what they used and talked with local Mopar stock car racers and what they found that worked. The Petty kit cars used an e-body front end etc.... they were banned from quite a few tracks because they dominated. Good enough for me I thought!
I also used A-Body LCA because they are slightly longer than E-Body's I would have tried the later b-body LCA but they widen the front end too much on my car. My buddy runs them on his circle track car though ( with a wider rear end). Also if I used the wider still b-body lowers than the Hotchkis uppers wouldn't work and I have to make my own.
It's all in here what I did if your interested? Sorry for the link I didn't feel like typing it all out again!
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0