Quote:

Quote:

I think Rickster is on the right track, but I think he needs to calculate the moments of inertia for Iyy in addition to Ixx that he did. I had this discussion with a friend in Tampa about which plane you think has the highest stresses/loads. If the piston is not centered on the rod, then maybe the H-beam looks more attractive? I never did the calculations for a rod, but I ran a similar analysis on a rocker arm design since I think they put the slot in the top (remnants of the Shivy ball stud arrangement) instead of more like the Chrysler forged rocker arms. The top slot did a lot better than I thought it would and actually was slightly better than the I-beam design.

HYPOTHETICAL is the key word here.....just found it interesting.....I never stated one was better than the other....just that regarding to OP's initial post....I-beams would be fine and even $100 bucks can make or break a decision to build or not....those hundreds add up quick.

I saved a bunch listening to my builder on the 565 for the roadster...he made it affordable and it's still kicking azz today....not every situation deserves the best of the best was my point from the beginning......

Rickster