Quote:

So I wish you lived near me and I would loan you my A/F gauge and sensor. That $130 device took all the guesswork out of my carb tuning and I was able to get a Eddy 750 to function cleanly and without a lean stumble on a 440.

If you are not in too much of a rush, I would consider doing something like that. Amazon sells them for less than $150 and it is an excellent tool for doing exactly what you are doing. I got a local shop to weld a couple of O2 bungs in my exhaust and it cut my carb tuning time and guesswork down to something very manageable.

I don't have the wizard skills to read spark plugs to the level of knowing where the A/F mixture is at Idle, cruise circuit, low-vacuum cruise and WOT.

I am sure there is a wizard here who can look at the photos and tell you what to do since there are some very very smart people on this board like Mr. Cab. BUT, if you have a few days to get in a gauge, around $150 and a local welding shop to install some bungs I can guarantee you will find a solution pretty quickly.

Thank you, where abouts in Ga are ya, I'm only a few miles from the border. The problem with using those for me would be the welding in the bungs, no way I am drilling into my Accurate exhaust, damn near a grand. This is an AAR and pretty close to correct so mods like that aint gonna happen, it would make it easier though. Here is one of the sites I used to learn a little more about plug reading, i have always read the procelein but I wasn't really reading the true story. If you want to know more just google plug reading basics and all sorts of stuff comes up. This one is very much to the point and simple.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/plug-reading-lm.html

Careful, your character's showing!