I took 9 frickin picture and this was the best one, I think it is because I took them in the sunlight. I can get better ones tomorrow if it matters, I replaced these plugs. This is what happened with the 67s for a breif time and then 65Hs and way too much timing. It appears heavy black on the base and even some black on the procelean almost like pepper. Definitely running rich so I am going back to the 64s tomorrow.

It appears to me that the original picture shows the mixture good to slightly rich. I am getting a slight surge at highway speeds, 2700ish RPMs. It is a 340 6 barrell that performs well in every other aspect. I started chasing the issue like it was a lean surge but after going through all the set ups as outlined by Tom Quad and Dayclona it began to run poorly at idle(but this was with the 65Hs) essentially not wanting to idle below about 1200. During the process I found a few interesting things with my distributor but I believe they were beginning to occur and the surge was the first sign, it then went down hill while I was doing the set up so I it was giving me bad readings. I am in the process of fixin that and then I can get back to the set up, but frankly I am gonna go back to my settings before I started monkeying with it, it seemed to work well.

So does anyone disagree that the first picture likes acceptable for 800 mile plugs and I have no reason to be concerned about a 3000 mile trip?

Thank you, Kevin