Quote:

That is a cool car!

A few questions, pardon me if I missed the info in the thread.

1) Are you going to fill the block? From what I am told that is a lot of stroke for a stock 400 block. How have the other large stroke stock block engines you gys built held up if I may ask?

2) Do you have any specific plans on how you will utilize an .800" + lift cam with those heads? I would think you will need to use longer valves and work on the rocker shaft stands. I have had a tough time finding the right valve spring at .750ish lift on my Edelbrock Victor build.

3) I am curious why you chose not to go with a MW intake port considering the massive displacement of the engine?

Keep us updated!

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Jeremiah,

It will be a full water block still. The other builds have held up quite well. We have no reservations about putting the 4.5” stroke into the 400 block.

As for the lift, where the port stops working on the bench, We will do our best to get the valve open to where it will work best, if we need to run a little less lift, we will. One place we will have more room will be where a valve seal normally would be haha. I always get bashed for this, but none of our engine get valve seals. Even the 318 in my daily driver Volare wagon has no valve seals.

The MW head is the same casting, and these have been ported to MW size. So, no particular reason, this was the head we have.

-Kenny