Quote:

I realize you're talking about boost here, but on the 3.9, 5.2, 5.9 Dakotas (and every vehicle with those engines) the IAT sensor is in the intake keg reading the air as it passes through one of the long curved runners. it taps into the intake manifold on the front side, just below the TB. I've relocated mine to the air filter to be sure that it does not heat soak and read incorrectly due to my aftermarket M1 intake. the provision for the IAT sensor was in a thick part of the casting and the portion of the sensor that was meant to read the air temp didn't stick out into the plenum at all.

Yes you are right about the 3.9 to 5.9 engines. I guess since he is boosted I only seemed to have boosted engines on my mind and most of the boosted engines I worked with at the Dodge dealer were the 4 cylinder ones. So my mind seemed to be stuck in boost mode. Heck I worked on the 3.9 to 5.9 engines every day for years but for some reason was not thinking about them. I would think anywhere it can read the air temp of the air coming into the intake or just after in the intake should work ok. Ron