Hey gang....

Got my MSD 6AL for the ole' Daytona. I've wired it up and everything seems to be fine according to the schematics from MSD. The problem the distributor isn't triggering a signal. I have for now, a single point distributor that works perfectly fine and the motor idles and rev's up to rpm without any problems. I am using it as a trigger for now. Will eventually get a Prestolite converted to a Chrylser Electronic system and use that. But, for now, I wanted to get it in the car and running.

Based on the troubleshooting procedures with the kit, I have done:

1. Ignition on., ground the wire wire from the MSD box utilized for point triggering and snap, nice spark...... Sweet...

2. but when I hook it up to the distributor's lead, nothing....... Soo, I'm confused now. The distributor in it's "Natural state" with everything hooked back OEM works just fine...... puzzled.....

PS. I am using the recommended MSD coil when I'm trying to fire up the car with the MSD unit.

For now, I am not utilizing the gray tach wire...... I just wanted to get the MSD system up and going.....

Cheers,
Troy

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)