Fellas, there are some different acids these days used and not as corrosive as yesteryear. I just had an extra dashboard dipped for my project and a Radiator support for my friends early Stingray and it was done in a way that took both time and experience to do correctly.

The process removed 7 Lbs and about 8 Lbs on the rad support respectably. Shortly after, while sitting in a basement garage, they both slightly oxidized. A little rust stop phosphoric acid sprayed on the surface and scuffed with a medium scuff pad and it was clean and spanking ready. An epoxy primer sealer was sprayed and now the topcoat is ready for application to bring back the stock look. Mind you, the gentleman that dipped them washed them thoroughly after the bath and warned me of some areas that would be a little flimsy, but you have to know what, when and how to mask the areas that are important to strength. Most importantly, you have to study the part, make a real world assessment of how much weight or percentage you (NEED) to remove from the part, as opposed to how much you (WANT) to remove. How much you (WANT) may lead you down the same fate as those 65' AFX'rs.
Out of respect to his way of business, I can't and won't discuss his process because it's his business to reveal that if he wants. I can just say that you get what you pay for and he delivered a sound item that is now feather weight. Last,but not least, this process is dangerous and not for the shade tree mechanic to attempt.
Gotta catch a plane. Later.

8014610-102_3175.JPG (171 downloads)