No, I had the trans rebuilt and the guy just slapped the original overdrive back on without checking the clearances. The collar (I think it is what is called) was too wide and caused it to be too tight. First issue was the wave ring breaking, so they just put another wave ring in it and slapped back together again. The next issue was basically the same thing then the case ended up cracking a losing fluid. I bought a new assembly from Chrysler and I accidently gave the piston and a few other parts back with the core. Put it back together before I realized it and the overdrive did not work. That is when I called a trans expert I was told to call and he told me what I did wrong and to set-up the overdrive. You have to release pressure on it by removing the wave ring, put a splined shaft in it to align it, then measure a couple different areas and select the proper spacer and collar so it will not beat itself to death. There are several different sized spacers and collars used to set it up correctly. Live and learn, it is only money...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!